Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 1 of Blogging: Get to know us

Day 1 of blogging and BP's mind is blank.  Mrs. Payne (Erin) is currently brushing her teeth.  We are about to watch the movie Invisible which is our FIRST NETFLIX movie. Sad thing is that I (BP), tore the free return envelope for the DVD to go in because I wasn't paying attention.

How I see this blog going is just random thoughts of things thay may happen throughout my days and updates for future events.

A little about the Payne's:  We just recently got married on Dec 20, 2007 and live in Arab. I am 27 while my amazing new wife is 22.  I graduated from Auburn and her from Alabama.  I am not a great speller but work as a Project Software Manager while my beautiful wife is looking for a job. She will one day (hopefully fairly soon) quit her new job to stay home on the CHICKEN FARM-----MY DREAM.  I am in the market for land and a donkey.  I have already started my cattle farm with my following lovely ladies:  BOOTS, SUMMER, AUTUMN, SHASTA, SAVANAH, MASSY, LIBY, CHARLOTTE, WEB (the baby of CHARLOTTE) and our new baby calf born last Sunday DAISEY.  And don't forget our bull calf who doesn't get named because he will be in our tummies one day.  Sure Erin is not too happy about all the bad smells a chicken farm brings but her not working is a perferct counter to that argument.  I love TOP 5 lists and here is one now

TOP 5 THINGS I said I would never do:
1)  Blog
2) Facebook
3) Be friends with a guy named BULL
4) run 8 miles
5) own an NYSNC cd (it came from my wife -- her cds are my cds)

The Payne's own around 650 music CDs and we LOVE JESUS!!!

There is a little about the Payne's and more to come soon!!!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Your very first commenter, I feel honored. Glad to see that you joined the blogging community. I look forward to many many more Top 5 lists. Oh yeah, I have ripped the return envelope from Netflix before, just tape it back up. They’ll take it or it worked for me.

Kyle said...

I would think naming a cow would be like naming a cat, or do cows come when you call them?

Ashley Turnbull said...

I am laughing out loud. That was the most random first post ever. I want to ask that you guys raise your cattle and chickens HORMONE-free. Is that possible? I want to eat healthy, normal animals.