Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Twitter vs Text

Ok, lets compare twitter and texting. I think they are similar (key word is similar..I never say they are exactly the same). I will go as far as saying they are 80% similar.

History time, one of my buddies (well really 2) have a blog and they have a twitter people about it. I made fun of one of my buddies because he had a blog dissing on texting. Now BP hates reading articles on the internet and I only skim (spelling?) articles and so my skimming stopped at the title of the blog on this particular day so I didn't see why he hated it. Now BP hates texting primarily because you have to pay for it. Why is it taking so long for a cell phone company to change their primary rates to be one set fee like land line phones. I know we are getting closer because we have the GO phones now (etc) but we still have a ways to go. The first company who does tht type of billing would jump the head of the cell industry and they can thank BP for that. So back to the history, so I emailed my buddy to joke with him on his twittering. Well on the reply back he copied buddy #2 on it and said twittering has nothing to do with texting.

BP's 2 cents: Texting and Twittering are very similar for the following reasons
1) they both are "shortcut" of a larger scheme. Texting is a shortcut for calling someone and twittering is a shortcut for blogging/email mass amount of people
2) They both use abbreviations like ROLF (rolling on le floor - french version), NU (new update), BPSEXY (BP sexy)..etc
3) They are both meant to be short conversations (words to maybe sentence in length)
4) they both involve typing

now they are not the exact same but I believe you could through a hand gernade and hit both of them because they are buddies and are usually in the same location (BP's little symbolism..wait is that symbolism or is it a...crap what is the word..meow)

The 2 Buddies: now my 2 buddies state they are only 5% similar....

Audience: now to my audience..what do you think? let me know
Prize: the fact that i may not see your answer for another 6 months...wait i forgot that I get automatic emails on responses..SWEEEET


Phrase of the day: That is cooler than the other side of the pillow

6 comments:

Luke Durham said...

Hey man! Glad you finally updated your blog. I think your buddies are right, text and twitter are different. Text is for just a few people, but twitter is for the whole net. Sorry to disagree with you. Are you comign to the reunion?

conrad thompson said...

i do text and twitter, and i think they are not the same. i text out to just my friends, but i use twitter to update what is going on like my facebook status. if you want to follow me on twitter, my name is @shaqthedog

Anonymous said...

Hey BP, this is Clay. I got to your blog from Taylor's, did you know he is an uncle now? I guess that makes me an uncle cousin or something. I don't think I'm going to make the reunion, we're heading back out tomorrow for a two month deployment. But I think text and twitter are separate. Good blog though, see ya later.

Brandon Jones said...

Hey BP, I heard you were helping out with the youth at FBC Guntersville, are you still doing that? I am trying to get things turned around and was wondering if y'all need any help? I've been working for the past 6 months up here in Albertville, which is the longest I've been at a job in a long time. Hopefully things are looking up for me, praise the Lord. Great blog btw, you should do it more. Oh, texting and twittering are not the same. I see where you are coming from but one is on a cell phone and one is on the web.

Adam Veneble said...

What is this, like a high schol reunion on here? I had no idea all these people read BP's blog too. At seminary my professor uses twitter to update us on class assignments, he says its like a mini-blog. I asked him one day if he could text us that stuff instead, but he said he doesn't text because it is too expensive. So that's one way they are different. Hope evrything is going well with you!

Brandon and Erin said...

Brandon Jones

hey man, I am not the youth minister at first baptist anymore. I was only the interum. Email me at brandonpayne77@gmail.com and let me know how things are. maybe we can get a Bible study started or something