Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Hate Charter Part 2

So last year I posted on how Charter is a HORRIBLE cable provider. I have been with charter for the past 5 years and I have had to EXPLAIN things to them at least a handful of times. Did you hear what I just said... I HAD TO EXPLAIN things to them.

Now for some reason I am starting to get a couple comments on this blog so I figured lets continue on this I Hate Charter Soga even though I hate blogging almost as bad..but lets give it a whirl.

Since if you google "I hate charter", my blog is the first item found (Not many times I have something at top of the list) I figured lets tell Charter what they could do better for that day when their foreign intern is told to go GOOGLE "I hate Charter" to see what comes up so they can try in their very small, POLITICAL INSANE and STUPIDITY MINDSET (yes I do think most of the political world is out to feed their power hungry mind and have no clue what they are doing except feeding more ignorance to the portion of America that has no clue how not to WET their PANTS and be a good American - but politics is for another blog) to better their so called "cable company".
Really this goes for all cable companies because I not sure any of them have a lick of sense

BP's TIPS to a Better Charter:
1) Reduce Prices. Telling the public that it cost $90 to have a DVR, HD Channels, Sports Package, etc is redonkulous. We all know that ESPN is one reason cable companies have to mark up their prices but $90 for a package is crazy AND that is with a deal. Take away the "rental fees" for the DVR, take away the HD upgrade price, I mean are we updating everyday...i could go on but i have lost track of all their crazy fees and i don't feel like getting my bill out
2) Allow customers to select what channels they want. Don't bundle a lot of 30 stations together. If someone wants TLC but doesn't want Oxygen, let them be. It is not a sin to want TLC and not Oxygen. If someone wants ESPN but not Speed Vision for Motorcycles 4, then let it be. Bundle smaller packages if you must but simply list all your channels and LET US CHOOSE
3) Revamp tech support. Charter's tech support is so spread out globally that getting an American friendly voice that you can understand is a long shot. It is like blind dating - you not sure what you will get. So minimize the number of foreign people. Also minimize the tech support hand book that they read out of. I have called tech support so much that I know exactly what they are goingn to say and what I can say to "trick" them now to half way get my way. I am tired of hearing "Let me send a signal to your box". What the heck, let me send some intelligance to you, the signal doesn't work. The tech supports don't have a clue of what packages are going on or how to fix crap. I have talked to only 3 people i would ever want to talk to again on tech support.
4) Don't just give deals to newbies. Does that make sense to anyeone else. Mr Payne has been with us for 5 years and paid his bill on time every month but lets stick him with our HIGHEST priced package while little donkey lover Bill gets 1/2 off for 1 year. Sure newbies need a deal to get them in the CULT but us oldies need a deal too. It will save me valuable time from calling charter to disconnect to just reconnect the next to get a deal. However, I have found out if you threaten to pull the plug or just keep calling until you get a sweet lady named Mary (wait is that her name) that you can always still get a deal no matter if they tell you that you must wait 3 months after your initial subscription runs out.
5) Quit charging $25 for a stupid tech op to come to my house. Charter says they will reverse the bill if the problem ends up being their fault. Their fault, it is always their fault. Who in their right mind damages their cable box? Think about that charter, what could we do to the cable to make it not work. IDIOTS

Don't even get me started on internet, 10 MB speed, who needs that fast of internet and for $50.....NO WAY

Charter listen closely...you are a horrible business and people will keep leaving until you fix your prices and industry as a whole. More and more people are buying the $20 HD antenna at wal mart and saving $100 a month on cable bill.

I want to hear comments on how to "trick" charter into less money. What have you learned

5 comments:

Adam Veneble said...

I agree with you 110%. I got rid of cable a while back because of this nonsense. Great post!

Brian Blair said...

I had to cancel cable after our fourth kid was born. But before that we had Charter, and they were no good.

Frank said...

Hello Mr. Payne! I notice that you seem to have been having some issues with your Charter service. That is not surprising, as more and more people are "cutting the cord" in favor of the competitive entertainment packages offered by satellite providers such as DirecTV. If you are interested in switching to DirecTV, we are currently offering a $250 cash gift card to any Charter customer who comes aboard, along with free HD DVR and free installation. Call 1-800-DirecTV and ask for Frank, and I'll see if I can help you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Warmest Regards,
Frank Castiglione
DirecTV Customer Service

Anonymous said...

This is Baggett. I like Charter because I get free Skinemax. Beat that, Direct TV!

kyle said...

so when you threaten to go elsewhere, do you intend to go through with it or are you just lying to them? The reason i ask is that this is a standard tip from folks to save money on cable. But if you dont intend to do it, is there a moral issue? (a little less hypothetical than would Jesus not approve of pass interference)